Share Certificates are a great way to invest your funds, without the risk found with stocks or mutual funds. You can rest assured knowing that you will never lose your principal balance, and your Share Certificate savings are federally insured by the NCUA. By committing to keep your funds on deposit for a set term, you’ll earn a higher rate than with traditional Savings. Typically, the longer the term the higher the yield you’ll earn!
Hastings offers Share Certificate terms ranging from 3 months to 12 months, and you can open a Share Certificate with as little as $500.
- Earn a higher APY than other savings plans
- Get started with as little as $500 opening balance
- Funds are “locked in” until the Certificate matures
- Worry-free automatic renewal at the current competitive rates
- A penalty applies if the CD is closed before maturity.
APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Early Withdrawal Penalty: If you close your certificate account before the term expires, you will be subject to an early withdrawal fee which is equal to 32 days of dividends.