Who We Are
Hastings Federal Credit Union has been a part of the Hastings community since 1946. We are a not-for-profit financial cooperative owned and operated by the members who join and open accounts. With over 136 years of combined service, we’re your trusted, long-term financial partner. We are chartered to serve the financial needs of all consumers living or working in Adams, Clay, Webster, Nuckolls, Thayer, and Fillmore counties.
We are committed to providing the highest level of quality services to meet the needs of our members, while maintaining financial safety, and soundness, to share and promote the credit union and philosophy.
Hastings Federal Credit Union was chartered on April 9, 1946 as the Naval Ammunition Depot Hastings Federal Credit Union. The idea to form a credit union came from within the Personnel Department. Many of the officers came from the east coast and were familiar with credit unions. At the time, maximum deposits could not exceed $500.00.
The credit union has had several different locations within the city of Hastings through the years. The move from Building #106 at the NAD, to a little office at 814 West 4th Street, to a small bedroom in the manager’s home at 715 South Lincoln. The office was then moved to a basement at 219 North Denver.
In the late 50’s, the credit union’s name was changed to Hastings Federal Credit Union. In the late 60’s, the credit union office moved to 1122 West 2nd Street, followed by the decision to build the credit union’s own facility at 2626 West 2nd Street in 1975. On December 3, 1975, the NCUA approved changing the field of membership to a community credit union, serving the city of Hastings.
In 2001, the decision was made to build again. In July of 2003, Hastings Federal Credit Union moved to its current location at 707 North Marian Road.
In 2012, the NCUA approved to expand the field of membership to include residents of Adams, Clay, Webster, Nuckolls, Thayer, and Fillmore counties.