Hastings Federal Credit Union was chartered April 9, 1946 as the Naval Ammunition Depot Hastings Federal Credit Union. The idea came from the Personnel Department. Many of the officers came from the east coast and were familiar with credit unions. At the time, maximum deposits could not exceed $500.00.
The credit union has had several different locations within the city of Hastings. The move from Building #106 at the NAD, to a little office at 814 West 4th Street, then to a small bedroom in the manager’s home at 715 South Lincoln. The office was then moved to a basement at 219 North Denver. In the late 50’s, the name was changed to Hastings Federal Credit Union.
In the late 60’s, 1122 West 2nd Street was the next office, followed by a decision to build their own facility in 1975 at 2626 West 2nd Street. On December 3, 1975, NCUA approved changing the field of membership to a community credit union, serving the city of Hastings.
Once again, in 2001, another decision was made to build. In July of 2003, Hastings Federal Credit Union moved to its current location at 707 North Marian Road.
In 2012, NCUA approved to expand the field of membership to include Adams, Clay, Webster, Nuckolls, Thayer, and Fillmore counties.